It doesn't seem like our summer has been that busy but when I started thinking about what to blog I guess we have been havin' lots of fun!
In the middle of June we braved our first and only (so far) camping trip with the twins. Jeff and his buddies golfed in a tourney in Rifle (which is about an hour from GJ) on Friday and all the wives and kids met up with them that evening at Rifle Gap State Park for a fun few days. Our friends' little ones fished, we ate s'mores and hung out at the Falls (huge water falls with a beautiful area for picnicing and playing in the stream). We took my brother's new pontoon boat out (you know, one of those big party barges), the twins loved it until we put on their life jackets, then they were like the little boy on the movie Christmas Story saying "I can't put my arms down." We had to keep a close eye on them most of the weekend but all-in-all it was a success.
The first of June my mom, the twins and I road tripped to Denver. We visited my Godmother, her daughter and new baby girl, the Corrigans and Jeff's grandparents. Needless to say it was a jam packed few days. We were going to try to make it to the zoo but we woke up to rain and quickly changed our plans. We had a great dinner at Hacienda (my favorite place) with the Corrigans, swam in the kiddie pool at Cantebury Golf Course in Parker and did a lot of driving. Hopefully next time we are over there we'll get to spend a little more time with everyone.

The end of June/beginning of July was Country Jam and Lake Powell. We went VIP (all the free drinks you can drink, great food and front row seats) to Country Jam and saw Rodney Atkins, it was a blast! I must have had one too many drinks b/c I quickly remembered why we did that crazy stuff when we were kids and before I had twins at home!
And last but not least, the 4th of July in Lake Powell with my sweet girlfriend and her husband. Crystal, Beau, Jeff and I headed to Powell this past Thursday for a long weekend and met up with 2 other couples (no kids). We ate great (that seems to be a common theme with all occassions), drank a lot (again), water skiied, wake boarded, got pretty crazy (to say the leasty) and LAUGHED a ton! Crystal and Beau have an awesome new boat and are a kick to hang out with! As we said down there, in our tipsy stage, we'll have to do that more often!

Hope everyone is having a great summer! Much love, Ang & Co.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Summer Fun!
Posted by Jeff, Angela, Hudson, Hailey & Havana at 7:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SOOO much fun! I have been wanting to hear about Powell and am glad to hear you had a blast. I'll try to call in the next day or so.
Looks like FUN! Glad to see the babies and Mom and Dad are having lots of fun this summer. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment