Friday, December 5, 2008

Mexico...



Well it's been just over a week since we got home and yes I'm just getting around to posting (I blame my tardiness on the holidays and some nasty colds).

The twins, Jeff and I, my parents and Jeff's parents went to Cancun the week before Thanksgiving and had an awesome time! I was a little nervous about Hudson and Hailey traveling but they did great (well except for the last few hours of our journey, see below). We stayed at an all-inclusive resort, ate and drank lots, spent lots of time on the beach and by the pool, shopped, did I mention we ate a lot, what more can you ask for? The twins LOVED the sand and ocean. Hudson was big into building castles (if that's what you want to call them) with Poppa (my dad) and Hailey couldn't get enough of the sea (even once her lips were blue and her teeth were chattering). They learned and perfected some new words while we were there...airplane, boat, frog (which sounds like another four letter word that starts with 'F' when Hailey says it, I'm sure you can imagine how fun the grandmas and grandpas thought that was, they made sure sure to point out every frog in sight), tequila (yes Mimi, Hailey finally said it the day after we got home). We went to a little aquarium and saw lots of fish, dolphins and birds. What memories!



Jeff and I were soooo glad the grandparents came with us...there would have been no time to breathe or even sit down if we'd gone with the twins by ourselves...they are sooo busy!

The last day we were there Hudson started running a little fever. He was quite a trooper though. He really didn't lose it until about 40 min. outside of DIA. And yes he literally lost it, all over daddy. The smell was pretty gross and the flight attendants weren't too helpful, once again, thank god for grandmas. Hailey also started feeling bad on the plane and cried to no avail for about 10 or 15 minutes...it felt more like an eternity with everyone staring at you like 'can't you shut her up.' Don't you think I would if I could.

Anyway, we made it home, enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving at home, and then everything went to h*ll. The twins ended up with some virus, more fever, huge blisters all over there mouth and tongue, a little more vomiting (as did I) and head colds. We are just now feeling a little human. I am thankful though that the really bad stuff waited until after Mexico.

That's it for now, the twins are up from their nap. Happy Holidays to all!

3 comments:

Mike, Ally, Ella, Deegan & Cullen said...

I am so jealous! The trip sounds great, but I am so sorry about the aftermath. Did you get my message about the benadryl concoction (spell?)? I hope everyone is doing better now!

Steph B said...

I'm glad you guys had fun - and what would we do with out grandparents to help! Sorry that the end of the plane ride was a bit dicey!

molly said...

Oh...plane rides with little ones. You never know what you're going to get, right? However, I am now officially longing for the warm sun and a beach, and tequila! Glad you had fun. Miss you!