August...we spent most of our days hanging out riding bikes, going to the pool, summer pre-school camp and a little trip to the mountains to the Wardwells' Wild Rose Ranch in Westcliffe, CO. The kids swang on the big swing set, jumped on the tramp, we went for a hike, roasted hot dogs & marshmallows. Ally, Mike, Jeff and I enjoyed a little sangria and the fact that out in the middle of 'wide open spaces' you can just sit back, relax and enjoy your kids a little more without a bunch of hub-bub (if that's a word). Thank you Corrigan's for a fun memorable weekend!
September has been busy...we started the fun with an adult trip to Lake Powell with our great friends from GJ, Beau and Crystal. If you remember some of my posts two years ago about Powell this one was pretty calm. We dropped the kids at the grandparents in Grand Junction and headed to the Lake the Friday of Labor Day weekend. We always meet up with fun friends, beach the boat, enjoy a bon-fire and lots of sun & spirits! Jeff used those muscles he only uses when we go to the lake and water skied...he was sore for a week (don't tell him I told you).
Crys and I
Jesse's boat!
Jeff tearin' up the water...
Two weekends ago (Sept. 18)...Jeff got tix to the Rodney Carrington show at the Paramount dowtown...we took one his clients from work and Ryan and Suzie (Ryan works for Jeff out of the GJ office). We had dinner at Lime (yum) and then laughed our butts off at the show! Sunday we took the kids to their first Bronco game. I have to admit I was a little nervous, all those people and 3 little ones. We had a blast though, the kids were in awe of the stadium, all the fans (especially when they cheered) and of course the horse Thunder and the cheerleaders. We sat on the West side so we were cool and in the shade while everyone on the other side roasted! We didn't stay the whole game but it was a fun experience.
The twins got new a Barbie Jeep and Gator (courtesy of Craigs List)...gotta love it. They would ride those things around all day. At first I was thinking we just needed one but am so glad we splurged and got the Barbie Jeep b/c Hailey can drive Havana around (seat belt and all)!
Then this past weekend we were treated by our best friends Mike and Ally to the Brad Paisley concert...we ate a little din-din at the Tavern and then headed to Fiddlers Green. Ally and I planned to meet up with some old sorority sisters, Nikki and Bree, we got to chat about the good ole' days and how our lives have changed. It's fun to catch up. Darius Rucker (former Hootie) opened, he was awesome and so was Brad (who came and played just 2 seats away from us, tooo COOL)!
This Sat. Jeff and I are hosting a wine tasting party...sounds shishi but will just be some fun friends and neighbors pretending to be cultural!
October is just around the corner...our big plans...my 33rd Bday and Jeff and I's 10 year anniversary trip to Mexico (what, I'm not old enough to have been married for 10 years!)!
Monday, September 27, 2010
August and September
Posted by Jeff, Angela, Hudson, Hailey & Havana at 2:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, girlie! What a great end to the summer! You look fabulous, as always, and those kids just get cuter and cuter (so does Jeff hee hee)! I miss you too and hope to be back for some more crazy laughs and kids soon!
All I can say is that "It's about time!" that you updated this blog :)
Post a Comment