Wow, December flew by in a flash! My country singer, boyfriend Kenny Chesney's song "Don't Blink" (as you can hear) is hitting way too close to home these days!
A little about our Christmas (just a week or two late)...
We started the festivities with a bang, not really! Christmas Eve Eve we invited all of Jeff's cousins over for a little holiday cheer but things went south fast. I can't say that I've ever had a party 'flop' as badly as this one. You see, Jeff's family is huge, he has 6 cousins just on his dad's side and of those 6, 3 of them have 2 kids each. Then we throw in Jeff's brother with his wife and 2 kids and his sister with her husband and 3 kids, plus my lil' family...grand total=I don't know I can't count that high right now. Anyway we were looking at having a house full with just our generation and our kids. Turned 80% of them didn't show, thank goodness because Hudson decided to upset the fun even more with the stomach bug. Yup he threw up in front of everyone, oh...3 or 4 times. Glad that party only lasted 2 hours.
Hudson rallied and Christmas Eve at my mom's was fun! Awesome food (tenderloin and king crab legs), my brother and his wife and the 4 of us. The twins got some fun presents, twin baby dolls for Hailey complete with a cradle, bottles and diapers (which she is getting very good at changing) and Hudson scored a Craftsman work bench.
Christmas morning was quiet here at home. Just a few presents from Jeff and I and Santa. About 1:00 we headed to Jeff's parents for a fun-filled, people packed, present hay-day! We loved spending the day with Jeff's siblings, our nieces and nephews, Jeff's parents and great-grandma Sayzo. Once again however, the twins really know how to put an end to the fun. Hailey started the stomach bug at about 5:00, I followed at midnight and Jeff brought up the tail end at 1:00. Wow, if you read back a few blog posts this sounds a little like Thanksgiving.
Oh well, we all survived and I'm banking on the fact that the 2009 holidays will be "illness-free" for us.
We are all doing well now, happy and healthy in the New Year (knock on wood). Until next time, cheers!!!!
Monday, January 5, 2009
2009 Already!
Posted by Jeff, Angela, Hudson, Hailey & Havana at 3:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wowza! Sounds like you still had a great holiday even with all the bugs. And, I will hope for a germ free 2009 for you too!
We got the bug over Christmas too (well, Dave and Michael that is) which wasn't fun. Glad you guys still had a great Christmas. Happy New Year to you too!
Post a Comment