Well there's not too much new in the Himes house to report but I thought I'd do a short update anyway! Our lil' peanut due in May is doing great. We had an ultrasound a few weeks ago and everything seems to be fine! I'm 23 or 24 weeks now. It's funny, I guess I'm so busy with the twins and this pregnancy is so much easier than my first, I swear there are days I forget I'm pregnant (well until 7:00 rolls around, then I'm usually beat). I'm thinking of starting MOPS (mothers of pre-schoolers) just for some sociallization time and a chance for the twins to experience a 'pre-school' type setting every other week. MOPS is a group of moms who get together twice a month for about 2 hours for brunch and listen to a speaker (on a topic relative to parenting/children), visit with eachother about such issues, do an activity, etc. while the kids are in a little pre-school type class. My girlfriend Ally in Denver has been involved in MOPS in her area and raves about it! I'm excited to give it a try.
The twins are growing and developing so fast. Hailey's little vocabulary has really taken off. I haven't done a count lately on how many words she can say but I'd guess it's WELL over 100. I think they're supposed to start putting 2 words together around age 2 and she's mastered that and sometimes blurts out whole sentences. She can say her ABC's correctly through 'E' and then after that it's random letters. She also counts to 10 with a little help. Hailey's newest thing Tuesday was to sing me 'Twinkle, Twinkle little star." And I'm not exagerating when I say that. She sings the 1st verse almost flawlessly, and starts the 2nd-4th verses perfectly and sort of blabbers the remaining part but with the correct amount of syllables etc. It has to be one of the cutest things ever! Hudson isn't far behind, he tends to be the more physical leader though, climbing and moving furniture and stools to get what he's reaching for. Not a huge surprise if we stereo-type boys/girls. They are both fighting a head cold now...I can't wait for spring and fresh air!
Jeff has been busy with work. Again not a huge surpise but we are very thankful to have such a wonderful daddy-o/husband. He's home every night to help with baths and bedtime amongst a million other things! He did get a chance to go snowmobiling with my brother two weekends ago, a much needed guys day out!
Hope all is well in your world!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Just a short update....
Posted by Jeff, Angela, Hudson, Hailey & Havana at 2:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you're feeling pretty well with pregnancy number two! Remind me of your due date again? I read that you're interested in MOPS - we are in the MOPS group here and LOVE it. I think you'd get a nice break and enjoy some time with other moms!
Hey girl!
Been wondering how you are all doing.
Was hoping H&H didn't get this crud that's going around. My two missed 2 weeks of school, and now I have had it for 14 days today. UGH!
I know so many moms who have enjoyed MOPS, both here and over in Denver.
I never did do it, kids were always getting sick and messing up my outing plans. ;-)
Belated Happy Birthday to the J-Man.
I see that darn sign is back up in your yard. :-(
As soon as this cruddy weather lifts and all the infectious bacteria stops floating around, we have got to get together. It is so fun to hear how your two are doing. I can just picture Hailey singing to you and talking, once in a while in a whole sentence. I hope you record it somehow, you'll be so glad you did later. And mine were like yours in this respect...very verbal, very early, and especially early for twins. Which means...hang onto your hat, they are gonna yammer your ears off very soon! Such a fun stage you and they are in right now. Hugs to all and belly rubs to you!!
Post a Comment