Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Moving...

As most of you know Jeff was promoted this summer and Halliburton will be relocating us to Denver. That day is rapidly approaching! The last 2 months have been crazy....holidays mixed with listing the house (and lots of showings) followed by house hunting trips and now trying to organize for our move across the mountains.

Our house went under contract the first week of January, we found a house in Parker (a suburb south of Denver) and we'll be closing on both houses the last week of February. The movers come Feb. 22nd so we'll be 'in between' for about 2 weeks as we are having the inside of our new house painted and the hardwoods refinished. We are lucky that almost every detail of our move will be taken care of by the company...they front all the costs of buying and selling along with professional movers etc.

We are very thankful for this opportunity for Jeff to further his career and look forward to a new adventure. I have to admit though, I'm a little anxious about moving my little trio, I know they are resilient and will adjust (probably quicker than Jeff and I) but we are leaving the only home they have ever known and all of our family. I will have the support of my best friend Ally as she will be just a few blocks away from us (not sure what I would do without her) and one set of Jeff's grandparents, about 15 miles away in Castle Pines North. The hardest part though is leaving Nanny (my mom) and Mimi (Jeff's mom). I have to remind myself that at least it's just Denver for now, could be international some day.

Wish us luck! We love you all and will miss our GJ family deeply! I'll try to send out some new contact info. in the next week or two. Until then....

Our new home...

1 comments:

Candace, Kevin, Sadie, & Casey said...

WAAAAAAAHH!!!
We will miss you horribly. But our loss is your Denver friends' gain. Wishing you only the very best. Hugs!