Thursday, December 1, 2011

June 2011

Hailey's awful snoring landed her at Parker Adventist Children's Hospital on June 6th. It really was bad...she'd wake me up across the house some nights. So after visiting an ENT who said her tonsils and adenoids were huge for a 4 year old and that children really shouldn't snore like that we scheduled her for surgery :(

Hailey was a great patient, we waited in pre-op for nearly 2 1/2 hours (coloring with Dad helped pass the time). I was able to go with her to the operating room (thanks to us being at a 'children's hospital') but that was the hardest thing I've done in a LONG time. Watching them put her to sleep just about tore my heart out. I left the O.R. balling...somehow I managed to hold it together until her eyes closed but that was it.

Surgery took longer than expected, the doc told me 30 to 45 minutes and at 1 hr. I was beginning to get pretty nervous (as were those waiting by their phones for the 'she's OK' text message). Thankfully 15 minutes later the nurse came and got us and we were able to go see her. She was pretty groggy, and started to cry as we walked up. The nurse had me hold her in my lap and she went back to sleep for a little while. She woke up a bit happier. We headed home after an hour or two to Nanny and the twins.

Recovery was pretty tough the first 10 days (even though Jeff would say she was fine, a Mom's heart must be a little more heart). Believe it or not they gave her Vicodin, crazy, but it sure helped!

Looking back. it was worth it! I think Hailey sleeps much better and doesn't snore like her Daddy anymore!

All pre-op pics below, hence the happiness!



0 comments: