Our Thanksgiving was busy as usual! It started out with a bang or maybe I should say bump but got much better as the day went on. First thing Thursday morning the 4 of us were sitting on the floor, the twins playing with toys and Jeff and I reading the paper and drinking a lil' coffee when Hailey tipped over and hit her head on Daddy's coffee cup resulting in a nice "goose egg," her first official booboo :( The twins went down for a nap and Jeff and I decided to have a little breakfast. I managed to burn my fingers (pretty bad), burn my toast, end up with one of my hairs in my eggs and to boot, Jeff ate all the bacon! I was seriously considering going back to bed at that point....but really we had a wonderful day despite the tragic morning!
We went to Jeff's Grandma's at 1:00 and enjoyed a fabulous meal with tons of family and friends! Hudson and Hailey rode the wooden rocking horse and had their first taste of mashed potatoes, yum! As always we ventured off to our second celebration for the day. We went to my brother's for more food and fun! My family's gatherings are always on the smaller side compared to Jeff's! It was just my brother and his wife, my parents and us! Nice and relaxing!

The rest of the weekend was filled with fun too! Friday we went to my brother's new cabin on the Grand Mesa! He and Tessa bought it a month or two ago, it has the most beautiful views ever, or so I'm told, you see it was very cold and cloudy that day so we missed out on the best part! I guess we'll just have to go back sometime soon!
Hudson driving us to Uncle Eric's cabin!

Hailey and G'ma Kathy!
Saturday we decided to take another drive and headed to Arrowhead! We loaded up the twins and ALL their stuff (it often feels like moving day when we have to pack everything for a day-out with Hudo & Sissy!). Jeff's grandparents have 2 lots and some family friends also have cabins up there! After getting lost in the thick forest (not really, we just missed our turn and had to back track a little) we found where we would love to have a cabin of our own someday (maybe sooner than later). Jeff has so many fond childhood memories of his parents' and grandparents' cabins on the Grand Mesa, his dream (and now mine) would be to have a place like that for our kids!
And we ended the long weekend with a some Christmas cheer! I succeeded at guilting Jeff into hanging lights and pulling out all the decorations! We're not quite ready for Christmas but we're gettin' in the spirit of things!
Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving, can you believe Christmas it a few short weeks away?
Monday, November 26, 2007
Thanksgiving
Posted by Jeff, Angela, Hudson, Hailey & Havana at 1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful holiday. You don't know how much I miss the mountains - and you're talk of a cabin makes me quite jealous. Happy Holidays!
-Steph
You sound like a writer for a comedy club - very funny! I am gald you had such a great time and those babies look so much bigger than even 3 weeks ago.
Post a Comment