Last night, or I should say early this morning, 3:40 a.m., I have never been so SCARED in my life, it was a mother's worst nightmare! I got up to go to the bathroom and noticed that our screen door was open. We've been leaving the patio door open to enjoy the cool air. Every night I think to myself as I go to bed "I don't like that door being open, what if someone comes in?" but Jeff always convinces me that "it's fine!" Well, needless to say it WASN'T!
Before I figured out what was going on, I closed and locked the door and went pee. As I was peeing I was thinking "stupid Jeff why would he leave that screen door open (I knew he wouldn't) or could an animal open the door and now be in our house?" After finishing my business I went to check on the twins, I had to know that they were ok and still IN their beds! Thank god, they were fine! But I still didn't feel right, so I checked the guest room, no sign of anything or anyone. Remember that it's dark and I don't have my glasses on, oh, and that I've now walked past the couch 3 times! I didn't want to turn on the lights, I don't know why, I guess I didn't want to scare the intruder (how dumb is that when I'm the one scared to death). So I start feeling around one of the couches and OH SHIT, I felt a leg and foot! I walked quickly and quietly into our room, woke up Jeff and said "someone's on our couch." He grabbed the baseball bat from under our bed and went to look, with me right behind him. Sure enough!!!! At this point I'm freaking out!!! All I could say is "oh my god, oh my god." I'm still shaking as I right this. He told me "maybe it's one of Danny and Julie's friends." I'm thinking "what the hell" (sorry for the language). Jeff and I knew they were having people over, and we had heard their music when we went to bed. So I say "give me the phone, I'm calling them." Julie answered and I told her a man was in my house sleeping on my couch, she freaked and asked if Jeff was home and was then telling her husband what was going on. Then it dawned on her, rather quickly thank goodness, that maybe it was her little brother who had had WAY too much to drink. So she says "we're coming over." At this point I started to relax a tiny bit and I went and looked and low and behold it WAS Nate, Julie's brother, a guy I actually went to highschool with. HOLY CRAP!!!! Danny and Julie came over, we all laughed quietly since the twins are still sleeping, as was Nate, and then they woke him up and took him home just like that!
Jeff and I couldn't believe what had just transpired. Of course we couldn't get back to sleep so we talked and laughed a little about what had happened. He admitted that he was glad to have found a small framed man asleep on the couch rather than some big dude!
Looking back, it's actually very funny now but like I said I was FREAKING OUT! And I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER leave a door open at night again!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Intruder, Intruder, Intruder...
Posted by Jeff, Angela, Hudson, Hailey & Havana at 7:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my goodness - that is scary and funny all at the same time. Dave always leaves our garage door open, the truck unlocked outside, forgets to lock the door - etc. and also "swears its fine!". I would have freaked out completely too!
Hi Ang,
It's your Big Sis from AXO (Melissa Pelton). We just joined the blogging world, and I saw a link to your blog through Ally's blog. It's so great to see your smiling face again, and what a beautiful family you have! I hope you are doing well. There is a link to our blog on Ally's page, and I hope you don't mind if I check in on you from time to time. It's fun to see my little sis all grown up!
Love,
Melissa
Hey Ang!
That would scare the CRAP out of me. I won't even let Mike open a window at night, he thinks I'm ridiculous. I was the Chief of Police's daughter growing up, so I am paranoid! I added your blog to my list of friends on my blog - hope you don't mind!
Nikki
OK, well first of all, I have to really censor my thoughts here! So, knowing that, you can imagine what I just said to my computer screen!!
No freakin' way....I don't know how you didn't swing the bat and ask questions later, or how you thought to check with Julie...amazing! Pretty sure I would have been dialing 911 before I woke up Kev.
I guess...good thing you're pregnant and in the "I can't sleep all night without peeing" stage.
Reminds me of the time Kev came home an entire day early from a business trip, and thought he'd surprise me. About 2am, and yep, I had the 9mm locked and loaded and I almost shot my own husband. Needless to say, he doesn't surprise me in the night time any more...
Scary stuff in the middle of the night. I am very happy to hear all was well and that now it's something to laugh about...sorta. :-)
Hey, Ang, I just realized something. Kev and I were talking about this the other night, and he reminded me that not so long ago, may well have been the same night, at about 1:00 in the morning (if I remember correctly)Someone pounded on our door. Thinking it must be an emergency, Kev grabbed the baseball bat and answered the door. Was some guy, possibly mid-20's, talking about "hangin' out, chillin', and partyin'". Kevin said "well, the party's not here, so you need to get off my doorstep." He didn't want to go and was obviously very inebriated. Kevin finally stepped outside with the bat in his hand, and then the guy mumbled something and wandered off...through the yard, heading your way. I suppose it is possible this was your uninvited house guest.
Too weird!!
Post a Comment