Friday, October 10, 2008

The Denver Zoo

I can't believe it's taken me all week to post this little blog about our trip to the zoo last weekend. We had a tons of fun!

Jeff took off early Friday and we made the 4 hour drive, yuck! The twins were good, I thought I was going to be so smart and give my little Hailey girl a small dose of Benadryl to help her sleep since she hates sleeping in the car but to my dismay it barely worked, she slept for a whole 30 minutes, oh well, better luck next time.

We ate at PF Changs Friday night and Hacienda Saturday night, we have to hit some of those great places since Fun Junction is lacking in the 'great restaurant' department. Dinner at Hacienda was with Jeff's new boss, that's another story. Ok real quick...all his new boss talked about was us moving to Denver, yikes!!!! Apparently he (Jeff's boss) has been offered 3 opportunities to go over seas in the past couple of years and has declined so the big boys told him that it's pretty much his turn within the next year. So that means Jeff will have to step up and take his spot. I try not to think about it with a new baby on the way (not that I don't love Denver b/c I do but we have soooo much family here it will be hard), soooooo, let's quit talking about it.

Sunday we had a fun but short visit with the Corrigans.

Saturday we spent the day at the zoo. It actually went very well with our two 1 1/2 year olds. They loved watching the animals as long as the animals were moving. If they were lying still it was like 'what are we looking at mom? let's move on, NOW!' The twins rode in their strollers, pushed them (of course) and walked some. I have to tell you though, we bought those little monkey backpack/leashe things and they were great. I never thought I'd put my kids on a leashe but you do what you gotta do when you have 2 little ones that go in opposite directions. Hailey of course loved to pull against you and run in a circle while Hudson cried if you got tension on his leashe, what opposites they are sometimes.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend! Much love, Ang & Co.

1 comments:

molly said...

Looks like a great day at the zoo! I can't believe how big the babies are, but then I look at Avarie and think Oh yeah, she's big too! Lots of love~